Welcome to the Wednesday edition of Library Day in the Life #6!
8:00am - 9:00am
Arrive at work by 8 and get started checking e-mail. I also post a quick announcement to our Facebook page about our upcoming Professional Dress Day on campus.
One of my students stops by to ask about the Credo Reference Concept Map / Google Wonder Wheel comparison assignment. I wanted this assignment to be a spring board for searching keywords. We'll definitely be talking more about this in class on Friday.
Finally, I set up e-mail lists for my 3 classes (this should have already been done).
9:00am - 10:00am
Student Satisfaction Survey Committee meeting. We're compiling data from last Quarter's surveys in order to come up with an action plan. I'm in charge of putting the document together, so we're meeting to compile more of the data the other committee members have collected.
10:00am - 12:20am
Return from meeting to find a slew of e-mails. Apparently my e-mail from the e-book adventure yesterday has been moved up the chain of command. I was thanked for sharing my experience...and hopefully we'll be able to get more concrete answers about the purchased bookstore e-books.
Sort through mail and start compiling more in-class presentation material.
Talk with the Nursing Dean who is subbing for a Medical Assisting class. She wants a run-through of the Library website and where students can access the subject guides for a particular disease project they're working on. The catch is... she wants it for 1pm today! I'm fine with it... except that I'm going to be late for an ILS demo. So, now I'm on a quick hunt for what I'm going to show them! Wait... I have no coverage for the presentation. *sigh. (a constant problem due to the accuplacer issue!) I also have to eat... and I told a student that I would meet with them around 11:50 to go over an assignment. Creating a document instead that will list the path to the resources, as well as examples for resources. Hopefully this will suffice for today.
At the same time as the above craziness, I had about 10 different student questions. Scramble time!
12:20pm - 1:00pm
Scarf down lunch
1:00pm - 4:00pm
ILS Demo webinar. My Assistant is covering the front lines while I'm on this call. I'll try to multitask
Student came in looking at our Surg Tech journals. This was a result from the program specific quick guide myself and the assistant created for all programs here on campus. YAY!! That journal has NEVER been checked out to my knowledge since I've been here!
Listened more to the demo and realized as I was picking up a pen that my tea from this morning spilled in my bag and my student's papers that I graded were all ruined by the tea spill. *sigh. I proceed to begin cutting away the wet parts of the papers because I really don't want to have to dry them all...plus it would have had a tea stain. So... I continue to cut as I listen.
4:00pm - 5:30pm
After the demo, I worked on an ILL lending request only to find that the book exceeded our 2 lb weight limit. I did some math and came up with an 11.00 amount that hopefully will work.
We also received a shipment of ILL's from another campus, so that was processed.
Finally, I answered a few more student and faculty questions, and am calling it a day!
5:30pm
HOME! I'll be grading last minute submissions for my online class tonight and contacting students with what I'm missing from them. I've got episodes of Dexter going (I love this show) on Netflix, and in between episodes, I'll be working on laundry and dishes. Never-ending right?!
Stay tuned for tomorrow's edition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment