
Any time I find the time to plan meals ahead and actually grocery shop for food, I make it a point to include this dish - Chicken Tikka Masala. I don't remember how I came across this recipe, but I've been making it for a few years now, and it never seems to disappoint! Being from Louisiana, both Adam and I really like spices, but you can spice it up or down easily with the amount of red pepper you use. We have eaten at several Indian restaurants, and this dish seems to have an authentic flavor to it as well. And finally, if you make it...I highly recommend making a double batch because you will definitely want leftovers! So without further ado, I leave you with a fantastic recipe! I hope you enjoy.
Chicken Tikka Masala - a food.com recipe
Ingredients
* 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut in 1 inch cubes
Marinade
* 1 cup plain yogurt
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
* 2 teaspoons black pepper
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 piece minced ginger (1-inchinch" long)
Sauce
* 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 jalapeno, minced
* 2 teaspoons ground coriander
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon paprika
* 1 teaspoon garam masala (buy in Indian market)
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
* 1 cup whipping cream
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions
1. Marinade chicken in the marinade mixture for an hour or so.
2. Discard marinade.
3. For sauce, melt butter on medium heat in skillet.
4. Add garlic and jalapeno and cook 1 minute.
5. Stir in coriander, cumin, paprika, garam masala & salt.
6. Stir in tomato sauce.
7. Simmer for 15 min.
8. Stir in cream. Simmer for 5 min. to thicken.
9. Cook chicken separately.
10. Add to sauce and simmer 5 min.
11. Garnish with cilantro and serve with basmati rice and naan.
Bon Appetit!






0 comments:
Post a Comment