Sony DSLR A-230

The following are some of the better pictures that were taken during the first couple of days of owning this new camera. The colors don't pop...not sure how to make them pop...and the focus isn't great either. Also, the pictures aren't 100% clear (probably because I need to invest in a tripod). Each picture was taken on some sort of auto setting, but I'm giving the specs as well in hopes that some of you may have some suggestions on what could have been done to make the picture better. All specs are taken from Flickr after the upload.



Farm Cat
6/19/2010

Sony DSLR A-230

Exposure:
0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture:
f/5.6
ISO:
400
Focal Length (Lens):
300mm
Flash:
Auto, Fired









Country Lane

6/19/2010

Sony DSLR A-230

Exposure:
0.004 sec (1/250)
Aperture:
f/6.3
ISO:
100
Focal Length (Lens):
130mm
Flash:
Off, Did not fire












Country Lane #2
6/19/2010

Sony DSLR A-230

Exposure:
0.005 sec (1/200)
Aperture:
f/6.3
ISO:
100
Focal Length (Lens):
90mm
Flash:
Off, Did not fire













A Peek Through the Trees
6/19/2010

Sony DSLR A-230

Exposure:
0.017 sec (1/60)
Aperture:
f/4.5
ISO:
400
Focal Length (Lens):
160mm
Flash:
Off, Did not fire












Sunset
6/19/2010

Sony DSLR A-230

Exposure:
0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture:
f/4.0
ISO:
125
Focal Length (Lens):
90mm
Flash:
Off, Did not fire




Sunset #2
6/19/2010

Sony DSLR A-230

Exposure:
0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture:
f/4.0
ISO:
250
Focal Length (Lens):
85mm
Flash:
Off, Did not fire




Macro - Weeds
6/20/2010

Sony DSLR A-230

Exposure:
0.013 sec (1/80)
Aperture:
f/5.6
ISO:
258
Focal Length (Lens):
50mm
Flash:
Off, Did not fire






Macro - Dandelion
6/20/2010

Sony DSLR A-230

Exposure:
0.013 sec (1/80)
Aperture:
f/5.6
ISO:
258
Focal Length (Lens):
50mm
Flash:
Off, Did not fire




Macro - Flower
6/20/2010

Sony DSLR A-230

Exposure:
0.013 sec (1/80)
Aperture:
f/5.6
ISO:
258
Focal Length (Lens):
50mm
Flash:
Off, Did not fire




Deer (what we bought the camera for!)
6/20/2010

Sony DSLR A-230

Exposure:
0.067 sec (1/15)
Aperture:
f/5.6
ISO:
258
Focal Length (Lens):
300mm
Flash:
Off, Did not fire



Deer #2
6/20/2010

Sony DSLR A-230

Exposure:
0.05 sec (1/20)
Aperture:
f/5.6
ISO:
258
Focal Length (Lens):
300mm
Flash:
Off, Did not fire





I am up for any and all critiques. I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing...I know how to change settings, but still am not 100% sure I understand what to change, and when. Any photoshop tips would be great too so I can maybe make the colors pop a bit more.

0 comments: