
photo courtesy of flickr's public photo pool
I recently read the book Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World. It was one of those heart-warming, feel-good books that just make you smile. I instantly wanted a cat for my library...or a puppy of my own that I could name Dewey. Neither has happened!
So what does the book have to do with the puzzle?
The small library in Iowa had a chapter fully devoted to the community puzzle. Dewey would often be found in the puzzle box, prohibiting patrons from working on the puzzle...but they didn't mind...it meant petting time for Dewey!
After reading that chapter, I got the hair-brained idea that I wanted to implement a community puzzle for MY library. I am in a very teeny-tiny library where little old ladies like to congregate and talk about their lasted craft project, or recipe. What better way to talk...then over a puzzle? I had the pleasure of starting the puzzle...and I'm hoping it's a big hit for the winter months to come!






0 comments:
Post a Comment