CPD23 Thing 2: Meet The Other Participants

As part of the 23 Things for Professional Development program, Thing 2 requires all participants to write about the networking and blog perusing that has been done this week. Many of the participants were not bloggers before cpd23 began, so it has been fun to see others in the library profession (and those in other areas too) jumping on the 2.0 bandwagon. I'm hoping for all of us that this program will open up networking opportunities that will be beneficial to our careers within librarianship.

A few blogs that I visited are below:

  • Raptorunner in Cyberspace
    I loved the comment this participant made that stated: "I have developed information-overload-induced ADD, and thought this program might be brief enough for me to absorb in small doses." Exactly!

  • Melanie of Librarianinanutshell
    Melanie has a goal with this 23 Things program to "be more organized & focused in [her] work and goals, and active in [her] professional community; not just a conference-goer, but a presenter, a publisher, a participator." She continues by saying: "I want to be a leader in my library, improving user services through innovative and effective uses of technology. And of course, I am keen on keeping my work fresh and exciting, by exploring new things, improving my skills, & building on my accomplishments."
    These thoughts are exactly in line with my goals as a new member of this professional community of people. I have a presentation lined up for this year, and hope to work on a publication in the coming year as well.
    Additionally, Melanie mentioned in her Thing 2 post that she is hoping to stay connected through this program with people outside of her normal library niche. Brilliant!

  • Cathy from Cathy | Library
    Cathy is looking at the 23 Things program as being a way to go from “that’s cool, I should do that” to “hey, look at what I did.” I really like that thinking...it's exactly my way of thinking about my own version of 23 Things that I want to implement for the faculty and staff where I work.

I am already excited by what I'm reading from others, and I am hopeful that this program will give me fresh ideas that I can use for implementation purposes. Also, if you're interested in other good library reads, I have a list of good reads here on the blog. There's a whole slew of bloggers that will keep you reading and thinking for hours!

0 comments: